The Daily Globe - Serving Gogebic, Iron and Ontonagon Counties

Fire damages Ontonagon home Saturday

 


Ontonagon — The home of an Ontonagon women was damaged in an early evening fire Saturday.

The Ontonagon Village Fire Department was called at 6:44 p.m. to the Sue Austin’s home on the Rockland Road when neighbors spotted the fire. Austin was not at home at the time of the blaze.

According to Fire Department officials, the fire started in the kitchen area and was contained to the kitchen area, but the rest of the home sustained heavy smoke and water damage. Officials said two family cats died in the fire. The department left the scene at 8:30 p.m.

They were assisted by the Rockland Fir...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018