Ironwood Memorial Building evacuated for gas leak
December 5, 2019
By TOM LAVENTURE
IRONWOOD — A gas leak resulted in a brief evacuation of the city of Ironwood Memorial Building on Wednesday morning.
When staff arrived to open the building there was a smell of gas, said Karen Gullan, Ironwood city clerk. As a precaution the building was evacuated as staff called Xcel Energy at around 8 a.m., she said.
Gullan said the staff were aware that a previous gas leak incident originated from the American Legion Post 5 room in the building.
“It was the first place we looked,” Gullan said.
The Xcel Energy technicians checked the...