Serving Gogebic, Iron and Ontonagon Counties

Iron County Historical Museum closed after boiler melts wiring

By CHARITY SMITH

[email protected]

HURLEY - The Iron County Historical Museum remains closed after boiler wiring melted on Feb. 21.

"We had a near disaster," said Juliette Kangas of the Iron County Historical Society. "All the electrical board, everything in it melted."

According to Kangas, Tony Mukavitz, of Mukavitz Heating, in Ironwood, told them that it was a miracle the building did not burn down.

The melted wiring was discovered when four volunteer workers, Joyce Starck, Ellice Wallom, Delores Genisot and Ginger Benninghoff arrived to open the museum. The group noticed a strange h...

 
 
Rendered 04/18/2024 13:05