Iron County Historical Museum closed after boiler melts wiring
March 11, 2020
By CHARITY SMITH
HURLEY - The Iron County Historical Museum remains closed after boiler wiring melted on Feb. 21.
"We had a near disaster," said Juliette Kangas of the Iron County Historical Society. "All the electrical board, everything in it melted."
According to Kangas, Tony Mukavitz, of Mukavitz Heating, in Ironwood, told them that it was a miracle the building did not burn down.
The melted wiring was discovered when four volunteer workers, Joyce Starck, Ellice Wallom, Delores Genisot and Ginger Benninghoff arrived to open the museum. The group noticed a stran...