The Daily Globe - Serving Gogebic, Iron and Ontonagon Counties

Morning fire destroys Ironwood house

 

Richard Jenkins/Daily Globe

THE AFTERMATH of an early morning fire at 321 Alfred Wright Blvd. remains evident Friday. The fire accidentally started from candles being used in the house because of the lack of electricity.

IRONWOOD - A fire early Friday morning has left an Ironwood house a total loss.

The Ironwood Public Safety Department responded to a 1:50 a.m. report of a structure fire at 321 Alfred Wright Blvd.

The homeowner woke up to his bedroom in flames, according to an IPSD news release, and vacated the home after unsuccessfully attempting to extinguish the fire.

A passerby called 911, according to the release.

Responding units arrived on the scene to find a "heavy fire consuming the front portion of the house," according to the release. Responders stayed on the scene for roughly three hours, but th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018